NOLOSS General Scientific Training II
Date: 28. May – 1. June 2018
The second general scientific training workshop will be held in Karlsruhe in May 2018. The general theme are Design methods and fabrication of nano-optical devices. It will be a five days event.
Venue: KIT – Karlsruhe, Germany
The training is done in partnership with the 36th doctoral school of the EUPROMETA, which will take place at May 28th– June 1st 2018 in the beautiful city of Karlsruhe, Germany. The school, primarily organised for the fellows of the H2020 ITN-EID Project NOLOSS but also open to anybody else, is devoted to various aspects linked to
Metamaterials and Nanophotonic structures in applications.
Renowned experts will deliver lectures to teach fundamentals and advanced aspects concerning the use of structured materials in the context of different applications; starting from quantum optical systems, to nonlinear elements, to optical devices that reside on wavefront shaping capabilities up to truly commercial applications that are already rolled-out from companies.
The topics and experts include:
- Prof. Mario Agio (University of Siegen, Germany): Quantum Plasmonics
- Prof. Harald Giessen (University of Stuttgart, Germany): Short range plasmons and orbital angular momentum
- Dr. Themos Kallos (Metamaterials Technologies Inc., Canada): Commercialising metamaterials: From research to applications
- Prof. Philippe Lalanne (Institute d’Optique d’Aquitaine, France): From Diffractive optics to meta-surfaces
- Prof. Oliver J.F. Martin (EPFL, Switzerland): Nonlinear Plasmonics and Metasurfaces
- Prof. Carsten Rockstuhl (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany): Integrated Quantum Photonic Detectors
- Prof. Martin Wegener (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany): Metamaterials and coordinate transformations in optics, thermodynamics, and mechanics
In addition, the school is made bold with an integrated two-day workshop on the subject of how to write scientific texts. The insights given in this workshop are useful for writing publications, theses, or project proposals.
The registration to the school has opened on the webpage http://school.metamorphose-vi.org/ where you can also find details concerning the registration options, the registration process, and the benefits you can expect. You also need to be logged-in to the webpage in order to initiate the registration process. Please note, there is only a limited number of seats available for the school (15), so please register in time.
We are looking forward to welcoming colleagues from your group to the school and would highly appreciate if you forward this email to all your co-workers that possibly wish to attend the school.